Go directly to links for: Race Teams or Race Tracks or Sanctioning Bodies
Racing Links updated Wednesday, December 10, 2014, if you would like a link added.
- Pinners bar and Grill - If you are a supermod fan, this site is a must visit thing. Check out the Models and Sketches page while you are there, and down at the bottom of the page you will find The B & G Supermodifieds message board. This is a very active forum where you can keep up with the very latest news in the supermodified world!
- JJ Andrews Limited Access blog, hosted by gaternews.com, JJ has all the latest Oswego scoops for you!
- Oswego Speedway Old-Timers Reunion Jim Liccardi keeps the memories alive
- Wing Side Up Bob Gangwer's Home Page, all supermodifieds, all of the time!
- Top Six Oswego Supers - adaptation of a 1988 Oswego Eagle article by "Iver the Driver".
- older, archived Oswego Speedway.com - websites from 1998 forward, preserved courtesy of WayBack Machine internet archives. See Race Tracks for current link!
- Old Fulton NY Post Cards - just type into the search something like 1975 "Kempton Dates" "Jim Shampine" (include quotes), and see what you get!
- SmugMug - LuvRacin's photo galleries - I really like the layout here.
- Dougs Dirt Diary - Doug Elkins sure has a lot going on here!
- Bobby Stelter - left us on November 27, 2007.
- Mike "Kapper" Kapuscinski - tribute page.
- UltimateRacingHistory.com, "obscure information about the history of auto racing that is difficult, if not impossible, to find elsewhere."
- Kristyak Racing - Rob Kristyak Dirt Track Racing in Bristolville Ohio Big Block Modifieds at Sharon Speedway.
- Midwest Speedway
Preservation Society - This historic venue began racing on Independence Day 1963 and ended on the first Sunday night in September of 1987.
Antique Stock Car Club - Official Website, be sure to check out "Racing in Retrospect" (the "R in R" link), there's a great articles there with some great pictures about Cliff Kotary and a few other legends.
- Area Auto Racing News
- Retro Rockets - Dan Nielsen's site is loaded with Oswego history... a MUST see!
- Mod series Scene - up to date asphalt modified information and really nice forums.
- Mike's Open Wheel Nostalgia Page - Good friend Mike Thornton put up this page a while back... he and I both "Pine" for the good old days at Oswego Speedway...
- Petes Racing Site - (www.petesracingsite.com/)Lots of modified pics here, and some supers... older stuff, from the good old days! ... site is down, what happened Pete?
Here is his former site (preserved to a degree by the Wayback Machine internet archives).
- Tom York - Michiana vintage race car photos, some really great old images!
- Michiana vintage racing photos - a vast collection of great vintage racing images!
- Vintagemodifieds.com - Great site with a very nice and active message board.
- Norwood Arena - Norwood Arena Speedway, the fastest 1/4 Mile NASCAR stock car racing track in the 1960's. A historic look back at this Massachusetts track that closed in 1972.
- MissChicken.com - Mississippi Dirt Track Racing the way it used to be !!
- Don Edmunds.com - This web site has pictures of cars from Don Edmunds past to the present. Don has a long history in racing, from the late 1940's through 2002. He has spent most of his life building race cars. Now he is building scale models. Highly recommended!
- Art Pollard Remembered - This site was like a good book... I couldn't put it down!
- Mel Kenyon
- Dave Wickham's racing stories - Make sure and check out the Jim Shampine page!
- The lost rear-engined sprint cars - a page by Chris Biordi: In the mid-1960's, a phenomenon known as the "rear-engined revolution" occured at the Indianapolis 500 in which the rear-engined monocoque formula car layout replaced the front-engined tube frame roadsters. By the early 70's, some rear-engined sprint cars were attempted...
Also, while at this site, you might want to check out his other stuff at MotorCaster.com , where you will find several other very intesting historical racing pages.
- this is a page - I threw up with many of the rear engine supers that have competed across the country.
- Canadian Racer - this page of the site takes a look back at the evolution of racing classes (including supers)in southern Ontario
- Jack Greedy the racing legend - this is a nice page that pays tribute to this great Canadian racer.
- Hoseheads - sprint car news, results, photos, classifieds etc.
- Fisher's Sprint Car Pictorial - one feature I liked is the Champions Page... A listing of sprint car champions from 1960 through the 2004 season. Also, the Ultimate Drivers List, an incredibly long and comprehensive sprint driver's list!
- Dirt Track Digest
- 3 Wide's Picture Vault - Remembering Our Area's Auto Racing From the Past... Flemington, East Windsor, Bridgeport ... Vintage Modifieds, Racing Photos, Old Cars, Modified Stock Cars, Open Wheel and more.
- thevintageracer - TVR is an online magazine dedicated to all the legendary tracks, drivers and racing machines of yesteryear.
- EMMR - The Eastern Museum of Motor Racing in York Springs, Pa was founded by the Williams Grove Old Timers in 1975
- Chasinracin - This site has a huge searchable library of images (Supers are lumped in with modifieds) as well as other nice features such as a track locator.
- New Jersey racing news - A really extensive site that covers dirt track racing of all sorts in the Northeast and beyond... not just in Jersey!
- Jayski's Silly Season - Nascar news, light on the rumors and heavy on the facts. This site has received national recognition, as well it should! Don't forget to check out his MASSIVE links page.
- thespeedwaylinereport.com - on-line New England racing magazine.
- NYS stock Car Association - Featuring info regarding member tracks - Albany Saratoga, Devil's Bowl, Fonda, Lebanon Valley, and Utica Rome speedways.
- The Pines Speedway - of Groveland, MA operated between 1940 and 1977.
- Jack's Race Photos - Emphasis here seems to be on open wheel sprints and midgets... it's sites like this one that make me wish I had something a little faster than dial-up! lots of big images to load if you go here...
- Walt's Hobby - Upstate N.Y.'s largest hobby shop... with plenty of indoor or outdoor racing year round!
- Ron Burton Helmet collection - kinda cool!
- oldweirdherald.com - It's all about slot cars! Of special interest to me is the vintage section in the image gallery. I remember the time we stomped those anglewinder lead sleds on Westvale's oval with our radically offset inline flyweight creation...
- 1:16th scale chevy V8 that really runs!